Your confidential use of this site cannot be guaranteed by us. We shall not be responsible for any harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect to your use of this site.
2. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
In addition to the rights and duties under the 13D Research & Strategy SERVICES AGREEMENT, if you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and your password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of this site by you and those using your login information.
3. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 3.1 For the purposes of establishing and maintaining your subscription account, we will need to maintain an accurate company name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number for you.
- 3.2 The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected from 13D Research’s website include, but are not limited to: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, employing firm, and professional expertise and area of interest.
- 3.3 If you access our support services, we may also need to know certain technical information in order to provide you with proper help; including such things as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows 7/8/10, Linux or Mac OS X Panther) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, AT&T, EarthLink, etc.).
4. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- 4.1 We do not sell personally identifiable information to third parties.
- 4.2 We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products and services, and to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, and to offer you other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- 4.4 We also sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your Internet browsing experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage.
6. RIGHTS AS TO MATERIALS YOU PROVIDE
By uploading or submitting any suggestions, ideas, comments, questions or other materials to us you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive and assignable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology. In addition, you warrant that all “moral rights” (as defined by the US Copyright Act) in those materials have been waived – unless otherwise directly coordinated with a 13D Research staff member.
7. DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION
- 7.1 We may disclose personally identifiable information to a nonaffiliated third party to perform services or functions on our behalf (such as for third party payment arrangements). We may also disclose such information to a consumer reporting agency in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq.).
- 7.2 We may disclose personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or court order, as requested by a government agency or by law enforcement authorities, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary to protect the safety of our customers, employees or property.
- 8.1 We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
9. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SPONSORS
- 9.1 13d.com contains links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- 9.2 13D sometimes may offer content that is sponsored by or cobranded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the site activity. 13D has no control over these third parties’ use of this information and thus 13D will not be liable for any such third parties’ use or misuse of such information. At the time you provide personally identifiable information to 13D, 13D will notify you if these third parties may obtain such information. 13D will then provide you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information with such third parties.
- 10.1 To allow our website to function properly and enhance your experience with our site, we may need to use “cookies”. Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your log-in information during a session. You are welcome to delete any cookies placed on your computer by our server. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, once you choose to furnish us with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
11. HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CORRECT INFORMATION
- 11.1 To view and update your account the personally identifiable information you can call our customer support line at (208) 726-1565 or send us an e-mail.
- 11.2 To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US